Friday, September 10, 2010

Weekend Plans: Greek Festival

So, I was all excited to post about H's first trip to Daddy's office because we drove into the city to meet N for lunch at the BBQ and Blues festival, but he slept most of the time and then cried (and also flipped out when I firetruck drove right past us with its siren going), so I didn't get any pictures and it was hot and sweaty and crowded and stressy anyway.  So I won't write about it except to say that I didn't even eat any barbecue.  I ate a crabcake sandwich, which was good, but what was I thinking?  Actually, I was thinking that the crabcake place didn't have a line and I didn't feel like waiting in line for barbecue.  But I did get apple beignets for dessert, which were delicious and powdered sugared all over N's office.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a different story, because N and I are planning on going to a local Greek festival that we've never been to in all the time we've lived here.  Now that we have a kid, we feel like we have to get out and do more things.  N and I went to Greece on our honeymoon, so it's kind of a special place for us (and Greek food always makes us remember all the crazy things that happened on that trip, like the time we took an all-night ferry between the islands and slept in chairs because we didn't want to pay for an actual room, which, by the way, I do not recommend).  (Seriously, if you're travelling overnight on not an airplane and you can get a room, do it). 

My other goal for this weekend is to get bedding for our new bedroom set.  Or at least decide what I want.  I know I'm looking for yellow and white, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to go all white with the bedding for easy bleaching, then just do some yellow accents like pillows or a small blanket for LB's nesting pleasure.  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment