Thursday, September 9, 2010

All Kinds of Workhorse (jersey dress, nursing tank, comfy flats)

Sorry for my absence, all!  I really meant to be a good blogger and do the whole WWW this week, but my life has been hijacked by little Mr. No Nap (and Not Very Much Sleep At Night Either).  Anyways, I'm back, and I PROMISE to try really, really hard to post again tomorrow!

So, my last WWW post showcased a jersey skirt, ruffle cardi, and nursing tank.  Not only were these pieces absolute essentials during my fourth trimester, but the skirt and cardi were also big players during my pregnancy, helping my look put-together for long days of teaching when I felt like my stomach was busting at the seams.  Well, the dress I'm showcasing today is another piece that I wore right up to the end of my pregnancy, and I don't think I could live without it.


Dress: J Crew, ubiquitous nursing tank: Target, sandals: Clarks via DSW

I actually own this dress in two colors (this one and pink), and I wear at least one a week.  This dress is seriously perfect: easy to nurse in, dresses up or down, and is totally comfortable.  Like, jammies comfortable.  Just the thing for a mom whose baby won't sleep. 

I've already extolled the virtues of nursing tanks, but seriously, these things are awesome, and the Gillian O'Malley ones from Target are my absolute fave.  Totally comfy, plenty of soft support, and easy access.  Which is important when you're lying on the couch watching reruns of White Collar and begging your three-month-old to JUST TAKE A NAP PLEASE.

I'm not much of a heels girl, and after a semester of student teaching, I firmly believe that comfortable shoes are a must.  I spent all summer (once I got my feet back) looking for the perfect sandal, and I haven't taken these off since.  Cute AND comfy?  Yes, Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment