Monday, September 6, 2010

Wardrobe Workhorses

The ladies over at Scholar Style Guide have designated this week as Wardrobe Workhorse Week.  Since I'm not doing anything else (well, except for the ongoing nap battle...), I thought I'd participate.  While I don't consider myself especially stylish, I do think carefully about what I wear each day (sometimes too carefully, since half the time I end up with some kind of bodily fluid on my clothes anyway).  As a stay-at-home mom, I have to consider my clothing choices carefully for ease of nursing, comfort, washability, and floor-friendliness (the ability to sit on the floor in your clothes without flashing the goods).  So here's my first submission:


sweater: Banana Republic; blue nursing cami: Target; skirt: Old Navy; sash: from another skirt; flower flip flops: Clarks via DSW

The sweater and skirt are favorites from my pregnancy wardrobe.  In fact, that skirt was one of the last pieces that fit me.  When I first came home with Henry, it was a lifesaver because I could adjust it to keep it off the incisicion from my c-section.  While the sweater hasn't seen much wear this summer thanks to the beastly heat, it's nice to have on hand for chilly air-conditioning.  Plus, the silk ruffles make everything seem more polished.  This outfit has it all: I could nurse easily thanks to the nursing tank, and the skirt was comfortable AND easy to sit on the floor in.  Since I hiked it up to my natural waist, I also felt a little more put-together than usual.  Which was great, because we had tons to do that day, like, you know, nursing.  And napping.  And some tv-watching.  Oh, and we played on the floor.  It was a big day. 

I have no idea why this picture looks so blurry, but I can barely use my camera or the minimal editing stuff on my computer.  Hmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment